Pyong (Mr.) is an active individual with a strong preference for endurance sports and activities like mountaineering, marathons and parachuting. He is also a certified Taekwondo black belt and instructor with the Singapore Taekwondo Federation.
Having served in the Commando Battalion with the Singapore Armed Forces, Pyong has trained together with some of the most elite units from around the world. This provided him with a good understanding of the operational needs of military and security services.
Pyong has also participated and led various community efforts. CPA Australia trained public accountant, he graduated from RMIT University with a Bachelor of Accountancy (Merit). He is also a Protect-Israel Krav Maga Instructor under Dr. Itay Gil. With such diverse background and experience, Pyong is undoubtedly capable of both instructional and administrative roles. Dr. Itay Gil appointed him as the Head Director of Protect Krav Maga Training Centre in Singapore.
Director Pyong was appointed as the only representative of Protect Krav Maga Authorized Training Centre of Singapore at 2011.
In 2017, Director Pyong of Protect-SG was awarded the Distinguish Global Partner Award by Dr. Itay Gil during his seminar in Singapore.
Director Pyong lead the Protect-SG Krav Maga Team to a Special Force Ranger Camp to conduct the Military Krav Maga Hand-to Hand Combat Training for the soldiers.
The Colonel as representative of the Ranger Camp presented him the Gift of Appreciation after the Training.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Appointed as Head Director of Protect Krav Maga Training Centre Singapore
- Diploma, Krav Maga Instructor, Protect-Israel
- Singaporean Representative, Protect-Israel
- Singapore Armed Forces Basic Close Combat & Advance Close Combat Certified (2007)
- Singapore Armed Forces: Vocation: Commando (2006 to 2016)
- Singapore Armed Forces: Basic Airborne Course (2006)
- Singapore Armed Forces – Royal Thai Army Thailand Airborne Course (2007)
- Singapore Armed Forces – Royal Thai Army Long Range Reconnaissance Course (2007)
- Commandos – Bilateral Training with Thai Rangers
- Commandos – Guard-of-Honour Contingent, National Day Parade 2007
- Commandos – Best Combat Unit, 2007
- Singapore Taekwondo Federation 3rd Degree Black Belt
- Taekwondo NCAP Technical Coach Level 2 (Full Cert.)
- Most Valuable Player – Taekwondo (2003 to 2005)
- National Police Cadet Corps Staff Sergeant (1999-2002)
- Executive committee for Youth Volunteer Involvement Programme 2007 and 2008
- Share-On Welfare Organisation (VWO) – Secretary (2001-2005)
- Kayaking 1 Star (2011)
- Singapore Marathon finisher 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016