A man with a fiery passion for martial arts & Realistic Self-Defence, Coach G.L is a Master Instructor with Protect-Israel and Chief Instructor of Protect Krav Maga Training Centre in Singapore. His passion has led him into different fields of martial arts, and he has achieved much in almost every field he has explored. Coach G.L have trained in 13 different styles of martial arts like Muay Thai, Boxing, Taekwondo, Sanda, Karate etc.., and is currently a Muay Thai Instructor, Taekwondo 4th Dan Instructor, Sanda Trainer, Combat Kickboxing Instructor and Master Instructor of Protect Krav Maga. Coach G.L have total of 36 Pro & Amateur competition record in MuayThai/Sanda/Full-Contact Kickboxing/Taekwondo/Karate.
The biggest difference between Coach G.L and other self-defence instructor is his real life experiences with violence. He came from a very rough background and experienced many many violence during his lifetime in school, on the street and working in the security line. He faced many life threatening situations during those times.
Due to his experiences, he has fully understood on what violence is all about in real life and how it feels when being attacked by weapons and multiple attackers.
For many years, Coach G.L searched for different self-defence and Krav Maga trainers that could give him full assurance that the training and techniques are effective to defend himself and others during real violent scenarios. However, he was disappointed by all the unrealistic training. Until one day, someone from Israel introduced him to Master Itay Gil. Ever since then, he has been studying the real Hardcore and No-Bullshit Krav Maga by Master Itay Gil.
Coach G.L decided to bring this system back to Singapore to spread and empower everyone with Protect Krav Maga System to save as many life as possible!
Coach G.L has trained & taught Krav Maga for over 9 years. He is a certified Krav Maga Instructor since 2010, and at 2017 he was certified as Protect Krav Maga Master Instructor under Dr. Itay Gil, and he was appointed to be the Chief Instructor of Protect Krav Maga Training Centre in Singapore.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Diploma, Krav Maga Master Instructor, Protect-Israel
- Diploma, Executive Protection Course Instructor, Protect-Israel
- Protect-Israeli Security Solution Representative (Singapore)
- Certified Instructor, Krav Maga Tactical Combative
- WSQ Approved Security
- Pro Muay Thai fighter in Thailand
- World Muay Thai Council (WMC) Qualified Instructor
- Amateur MuayThai Association Singapore (AMAS) Instructor
- Amateur MuayThai Association Singapore (AMAS) Referee & Judge
- Combat Kickboxing Qualified Instructor
- Singapore HuaMin Physical Association (PRESIDENT)
- Shen Kun Guan Committee Executive
- Shen Kun Dai Sanda/Sanshou Qualified Trainer
- Tang Shou 4th Duan – Senior Instructor
- JKA Karate Qualified Instructor
- JKA Karate 2nd Dan
- JKA Singapore Kata CHAMPION 2014, 2017
- Karate International Open 2017, Top 16
- Karate Union Singapore Championship 2018, BRONZE
- Singapore Taekwondo Gymnasium Instructor
- Singapore Taekwondo Gymnasium 4rd DAN
- Kukkiwon World Taekwondo Headquarter 1st DAN
- Singapore Martial Arts instructors Association – Qualified REFEREE
- Singapore Taekwondo Gymnasium – Qualified REFEREE
- Multi-Racial Martial Arts Tournament 2006, SILVER
- Multi-Racial Martial Arts Tournament 2007, GOLD
- International Taekwondo Championship, Light Weight BRONZE
- 2004 Wushu Federation Tournament (Sanda)
- 6th AllStyle Martial Art Champion 2008